Thursday, February 17, 2011

Davis, WV Fall 2010

Back in October 2010 I had a chance to sneak away for a few days as my wife and daughter had a full dance card of events for the weekend.  After a few phone calls and a very quick visit for supplies at the local Wegman's I was on the road West bound for wild and wonderful West VA.  During a lull in the commute I was able to connect with an old friend who recently moved back to the area.  After about 5 minutes of convincing I had a fellow partner in crime.  Before you know it the makings of a great guys trip were in motion.

Although it was late Fall there was a hope that the fishing would still produce at Timberline http://www.timberlineresort.com.  Sadly the fishing was dead but the weather was great and a good time was had by 'The General' and myself.

Morning view of Spruce Lake in Timberline.
Fishing poles - check.  Tackle box - check.  Can of beer - absolutely!

In about 1 month those hills in the background will be covered in about 40 inches of snow.
No luck on the fish but we still had fun.
Happy hour on the back deck.
"Looking good General!"    "Feeling good Steve-o!"
This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment